Do I need Coggins papers to bring my horse to the clinic?
Horses brought to Brandon Equine Medical Center must have a negative Coggins although papers do not need to accompany the horse.

What are your visiting hours?
You may visit daily between the hours of 8am and 8pm.

Do I need to bring my own hay and feed?
No. Hospitalized horses not on a restricted diet will be fed free choice T&A and a bran mash twice daily. If you have specific dietary considerations for your horse you are welcome to bring that in.

How often will I get updates on my horse’s condition from the doctors?
You will be updated at least once daily, critical patients twice a day, or if there is a change in the patient’s status.

May I be present during procedures?
Yes, for surgical procedures a viewing room is available for those wishing to be present. For other non-surgical procedures, you may observe, or if you would rather not, a comfortable waiting room is always available.

What forms of payment do you accept?
We accept all major credit cards, cash, and checks (with a driver’s license). A 60% deposit of the estimate is required upon admission to the hospital. Payment must be made in full at the time of the discharge/case resolution.

Does Brandon Equine Medical Center offer payment plans?
Brandon Equine does make some payment plans available under certain conditions. Our Individual Wellness Plan has two payment options including convenient monthly auto-pay. Please call our office 813-643-7177 for details.

How will I know how to care for my horse when she/he comes home?
You will receive a discharge packet that, among other information, will include instructions on home care.

If my horse needs to remain on medication, where can I get it?
We can dispense medications at discharge or you can use our Online Pharmacy for most products. However, you may also obtain the medication from your regular veterinarian.